- 一些产生法力值的效果例如幸运币和激活可以用来获得超过过载后数目的法力水晶。 However, all overloaded mana must first be accounted for, either through current mana crystals or through temporary mana generated by effects such as The Coin. Once the overload has been matched, any further mana generated will be usable by the player, and will be reflected in the mana counter.
- 一回合内可以过载多于总法力水晶的数量。While not displayed, the excess will still be registered, and will counter mana generation through effects such as The Coin. For example, if the player plays two Dust Devils on turn 2, the result will be an overload of 4 mana on turn 3. Only 3 overload will show in the interface (since the player has only 3 mana crystals), but if The Coin is used, the player will still have 0 mana, and will be unable to play any 1 mana cards. Since most overload costs are at most one greater than the card's own mana cost, this situation is normally only possible with multiple overload cards played on an early turn, but Elemental Destruction alone can set this up if played on turn 3.
- No amount of overload will prevent the player from playing 0 mana cards. Since these cards cost no mana, the player's current mana total is irrelevant.
- The user interface will only display overload equal to the player's maximum mana this turn, even if the overload exceeds this amount. For example, overloading for 10 mana on turn 9 will only display 9 overload. At the start of turn 10, a 10th overload icon will appear to correctly indicate that all 10 mana is overloaded.
- Overloaded mana is not displayed for the opponent. Players trying to estimate the opponent's available mana next turn can use the history to check the cards played that turn.
- While The Coin works correctly in relation to excess overloaded mana, the visual effect does not: Playing The Coin while having more overloaded mana than current crystals will create a new, fully charged, non-padlocked mana crystal. However, the player will not be able to draw mana from the crystal, due to overload.
- If your Overload spell is stopped by Counterspell, regardless of order of play, Tunnel Troggs and Unbound Elementals will still trigger, but you will not gain any Overload. This is because the Overload is part of the card's text, not its cost.
- For a few weeks during Patch 184.108.40.20633 (LoE patch), playing a minion or spell with Overload caused you to become Overloaded the moment the card is paid for. For example, if Counterspell counters your Lightning Bolt, you were still Overloaded. (Normally Overload occurs in the Battlecry Phase/Spell Text Phase.)
Overload allows shamans to deal very effective burst damage, and to summon some powerful minions in the early game. Overload adds an additional strategic element to the game, with the shaman gaining pace and presence in the current round in exchange for restricted activity in the next.
Used unwisely, overload can leave the shaman starved of mana the next turn, causing them to lose pace and potentially drop behind in the game. Be wary of using overload in early rounds to summon powerful minions which can be easily removed by the opponent next turn, since the additional overload cost can cause the shaman to pay twice over. Used wisely, overload can allow the shaman to respond to demanding situations with surprising momentum.
- Until Patch 220.127.116.1133, the title for this keyword in the game's strings was "Recall". This may reflect an earlier concept for the Overload mechanic, or an entirely separate mechanic from the game's alpha.
- BuB ChaCha (2015-02-17). Overload:(10) vs. Innervate 超載:(10) vs.啟動.
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2014-02-19. Tested twice: Played Dust Devil x 2 on turn 2. On turn 3 the mana bar showed 0/3 mana. Played The Coin and a fourth mana crystal appeared, without a padlock. However, the total remained at 0/3, and I was unable to play any 1 mana cards.
- BuB ChaCha (2015-02-16). Overload: (20) =?｜超載:(20) =?.
- http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/19877077551?page=1#4 Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16833 (LoE patch)
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-11-16).